Blackhead Lighthouse surveys the sea from the edge of a majestic cliff on beautiful Belfast Lough. Blackhead Lighthouse was built and its light first exhibited in 1902. Blackhead Lighthouse would have guided many famous vessels during Belfast’s golden age of shipping, including the ill-fated Titanic. Blackhead Lighthouse was converted to electric operation in 1965. Lightkeepers lived at the station until 1975.